Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 had a vibration at anything above 60mph. I removed the wheels inspected the suspension no issues visible. Has the wheels balanced slight improvement. Rebuilt the front prop shaft, slight improvement. Today I swapped the wheels/tires between the 2000 and 2003. Vibration is gone. Either the 03 wheels are bent or the tires are coming apart from the inside. My last Disco I swapped on Range Rover 20” with centric rings so I’m now wheel shopping.

·
very disco
1,633 Posts
That’s odd, I’ve had three different sets of Range Rover stormers on two different discos, and they ALL have given me the shimmies between 45-50mph only. I’ve tried multiple balances, three different sets of tires, three different manufacturers of hub adapters including steel, abs, and aluminum...

All the same. I’ve decided to avoid cruising between 45-50 when possible lol. I would much rather have these wheels than be shimmy free:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look great are they 20”?

my last Disco also a 2000 back in 2015 on 2010 Range Rover 20’s

I believe that if nothing else is wrong the disco shimmy is caused by drive shaft resonance at that particular speed/range.

·
very disco
1,633 Posts
Yessir they’re 20x9 I think, wrapped in 305/55/20 rubber

I had a gold disco back in the day, a 2003. It was the first one I put these 20s on, and I met the wobble

1 - 5 of 5 Posts