Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys It Seems That I Have A HORRIBLE shaking vibration when my RPMs reach 1800rpms, and it goes till about 2200RPMS...sometimes it is at different speeds..but always at this range too..i'm thinking it may be my driveshaft, anyone else have any opinions?

it vibrates at these RPMS ranges always while i'm braking too which really confuses me...my tire tread is somewhat uneven b/c i drove w/ bad shocks for a little too long, but the vibration shakes the car so i dont think thats the problem.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Curious, does this vibration occur while idle or only when in motion (or both). You might be on to something with the drive shaft, if you have ruled out the tires.

Another possibility is the engine mounts. I would suspect this to occur at times even when not in motion.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Series 3 guy said:
check your motor mounts??
and tranny mounts....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAH..u guys will never guess this....i was driving to work this morning and my frickin DRIVESHAFT CAME APART while driving on the freeway at 80mph!!
oh my god how crazy is that? my front drive shaft came detattched at the transfer case connection..spun so much it almost came through the interior..oh well..only 300 bucks to fix that, plus getting my transfer case "unstuck" along w/ some 31 inch tires....kinda funny though how i just posted about this...*sigh*

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
That's funny, I was just reading this post for first time & my first thought was driveshaft. They can granade on you & do a whole lot more damage. If you get away at $300 consider yourself lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.