Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Defender Importer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum. I have been a Land Rover owner for many years. I am currently having a issue with one of my Land Rovers. The vehicle in question is a 1989 Land Rover 110. I purchased the 110 from a person who had this vehicle since 1996. I did a Heritage Certificate and the VIN number I have indicates that this vehicle is supposed to be a NIENTY, and not a 110. The I.D. tag had clearly been removed and was in the glove box rather than under the Bonnet.
I am hoping I can find out all the places where the factory may have stamped the correct number to this Land Rover.
any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,013 Posts
Quote from “defender source.com”

Stamped into the outer side of the frame just in front of the Passenger side front wheel.
Stamped onto a plate riveted to the top of the bracket that holds the brake booster under the hood. These are the 'official' ones. There may also be a plate affixed to the side of the seat box as its an Ex-MOD truck but that's from the MOD, not LR. Edit - Pass side being the side closest to the kerb here. Left hand side if you stand facing the truck.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Attached, double click to enlarge

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts