Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Freelander KV6 has a knock/clacking noise when cold, which disappears after a few minutes. Previously, it ran very poorly (no power, bad acceleration, high rpm shifting). Due to an even earlier, unrelated problem, my mechanic said he had to replace the upper intake manifold. I found TSBs that indicate the problem is with the VIS motors, and my OBD says it is the VIS motor #2 . Well, when my mechanic couldn't fix the current problem, I replaced both VIS motors myself. When I told my mechanic that, he said he had replaced them, too, when he had replaced the manifold, but my invoice for that work does not show the VIS motor replacement or any charge for the motors, so I am doubting where the manifold actually was replaced, either. Anyway, the noise is there, the code is there, indicating VIS motor #2 . I have seen a number of posts online indicating the problem really may be the valves/actuator inside the manifold. So, where to look, what to do? VIS motor replacement again? Intake manifold again? Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.