Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking for some medium heavy duty springs if anyone has any that they might want to sell...Also, I am looking for either all terrain or Mud-Terrain tires if anyone is looking to get rid of some...One more thing... I have been having problems with my ABS.. the light is on, ABS still works and everything, the only thing is...alot of times when I am making a really sharp right turn, my ABS activates...it's very strange, any help with that would be great*. Could it possibly be that I need a new sensor? or is it maybe just popped out of place......?

-Karla G.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Karla - welcome to the board! :wave: As far as springs go, unless you know the truck and the person you are getting used ones from, buy new. It may be more expensive but then you know what you are getting. If you choose to buy new, OME is probably the cheapest and the biggest bang for the buck. Scorpion is good and is know worldwide with a great reputation. RTE is also very good. The only problem I see with RTE is that a replecement might not be readily available if you are travelling but knowing those guys, they will probably bend over backwards to take care of you. Some of those items are available from one of the sponsors of this board - Red Rhino - and Jason over there is "notorious" for excellent customer service after the sale. He will never leave you stranded.

But first, go to www.expeditionexchange.com and read up on which springs to get. Cruise the web site under OME and there are quite a few pages dedicated to giving you the knowledge you need. If EE is cheaper than one of our sponsors, just give one of the sponsors the opportunity to match the price.

When you do get the springs, let us know and we can give you step by step instructions on installation if you are going to do it yourself.

As far as tyres go, check out www.tirerack.com. Pay close attention to the load ratings of the tires. Our trucks are heavier than they look so people tend to put on tires that cannot handle the constant load. I am sure someone else will pop up with more 411 on this than me.

Once again, welcome.

·
4,576 Posts
Welcome to the Fam Karla :wave:

I too will be purchasing new tires. I'm getting BFG Mud Terrains in 245/75/16. These were the tires and sizes used for the Longitude "Drive-Around-The-World" Expedition on the Series II Discoveries. You'll find that a lot of RoverHeads are using these tires as well as the All-Terrains. If you're willing to sacrifice Road Noise and just a bit of a bumpy ride, the MTs will do.....if you dont want to sacrifice City-Drive Quality but still require EXCELLENT off-road performance, the All-Terrains are the way to go.

Hope thi helped some.

JC :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.