Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 98 RR 2.5 DSE about 2 months ago its going fine but hard to start when the engine is warm ?? This is causing the battery to run flat every two to three weeks. The Glow plug light comes on when starting the engine cold, but not when the engine is warm. Starts first time when the engine is cold. Im also having a deisel leak from time not always ?? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have this problem with warm starting on my 1996 P38 2.5 DSE.

I have not found a solution to the problem but have been told by a Land Rover dealer that it is not normal but was given no further help.

I have also phoned an independant 4x4 service centre and was told that this is a common problem and all they could suggest was putting a non return valve on the fuel line.

So who do you believe?

It would be nice to here from someone who has managed to solve this problem.

I will post here again if I find a solution to this problem.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
In conjunction with one of our electronics guys we have bult a small bx which fits under the bonnet, it takes a feed from the ignition, to a relay and then to the temp sensor wire, this informs the engine that the car is cold, turns on the glowplugs and hey presto the car starts. It only sends the cold signal for 30 seconds then the relay trips back out. I have this on my 97RR diesel and so far so good. It has a red LED on the box to tell oyu the relay is on, then the green LED comes on to say its not. If you want more details please email [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.