Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope your all doing fine .
Just picked up my new winch XD9000,looks cool even in the box ,gets mounted on Thursday 1400 AUS dollars thought I'd ask around for any imput? I have been sucked in on a pair of 100 watt IPF spotties.After to many beers ,tooo many beers I came up with this theory on maybe just maybe they might restrict airflow and do more damage than good even though that temp gauge never seems to move. If I agree they will be mounted with the winch on thursday.
I cant wait to play with my new toy even if I dont know how to use it.
I had to put the intercooler and chip idea on hold till I payed off the winch .
Also the wife will not understand logic in power and speed for defender at this time, must rebuild bank acount.
The lovely wife has offerd me a cool gift for christmas, a high lift jack.
Thats great I thought seeing I was missing the bottom plate on my stock jack.What an arse after nearly 20,000 kilometers since I purchased the car I decide to check my jack kit lucky or what? So i'm thinking can I adapt this hi lift for my defender or is that weird stock kit worth keeping .I realize the lift points on the defender are made for that tubular steel rod thingo on the jack.My car also has those arb steel chequer platted side steps so the stock kit is usless on the sides. I also see the stock jack as sorry, but a pain in the bum.
Thanks for your time & feed back I will try to get some photos up I just dont know how yet not that computer literate.
Till next time keep Rovering

·
Registered
641 Posts
Both dad and I have XD9000's on our trucks. They are both mounted in ARB bumpers and I think they are a great winch. XD9000's seem to be the most common winch I see here in the Northeastern US but there are some other popular models as well. The line speed on mine is fine for everyday winching, though I have only used mine once in a seriously stuck situation (mud past the tops of the wheels) and it pulled out fine with a single line pull. In retrospect I probably should've used a snatch block (see thread "Snatch Block Wizardry"). The only problem I have had with my XD9000 is that some of the paint on the gearbox has chipped off. The paint WARN used is not exactly the best so keep an eye on that or you'll end up with some ugly rust spots down the road. Not to important but from a cosmetic point of view.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi HSE
I have never had a problem with the winch and IPF's up front and over heating but if you still have the stock springs up front then the added weight will cause some sag and also the potential for slightly different handeling.
Enjoy the new toy the added confidence off road (in being able to recover yourself) it's fantastic.
Adam

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi lift jack

Check out Craddocks spare parts site in the UK .They sometimes have high lift jack adaptors that will fit the original LR jack holes and also the ARB bumper has the same holes.They posted them to me in NZ no worries.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the temperature increase as a result of fitting lights in front of your radiator. I noted the temperature increase to be an extra 5 deg C (digital gauges) when I installed my 3 driving lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.