Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this by mistake in the Test section - new user obviously - so I'll try again in the proper section. I have a 2000 Disco 2. Periodically, I have the Hill Desent, Traction Contorl and ABS lights come on. The dealer says he "has to pull the code" and determine the problem - may be the ABS system, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar and what caused this. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had this happen on our 2001 Discovery. When they ran the check on it, it was determined to be a wheel speed sensor fault. The dealer replaced the hub and sensor to the tune of $554.35. On the way back from the dealer the 3 lights came on again. This time they said the hub had debris in it from disassembly and reassembly from the first repair and replaced the parts again,this time without charge. It has been fine since. As a side note when I was waiting for the vehicle to be repaired I was looking over the new Discoverys on the lot and we ended up selling ours to a friend and buying a new Alveston red SE Discovery for 29000.00 and they threw in a brush bar and the upper and lower taillight protecters. That was quite a bit less than we gave for the 01. Also except for the back door latch cementing itself shut 3 times a year that was the only problem we experienced in 4 years and 69000 miles with our 01.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Fender,

Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be about a $500 issue - that seems to be a popular number here at the local dealership. Anyway, I am starting to look at 03 and 04's hoping the prices will drop a little as the LR3s hit the market. I drove an LR3 a few weeks ago and was very impressed. My only concern is "What will it cost if the computer controlling all that technology goes bad?" Never by the first year of a new model right??

Thanks again.

Campbell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.