Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Grumbleweed's 109 it has inspired me to wash mine and remember what she looks like with the mud off. I have been feeling guilty about spending time with the new Disco so I tried to give her a little TLC today.
I'm not able to drive yet for those who know of my Driving licence ban at the momment without my other half so I thought I would throw a pic in that shows what I have to drive on the roads with here.It's the big red L that has to be pleced in the rear window. BTW the "L" is for learner not loser. But I do feel like a loser when I have to cruise with my other half with a F*****G "L" in the back. Kind of ruins your trail cred no matter what you drive!!! Cheers-Andy :drink1:
P.S- Need to clean the bloody engine bay yet...the rest of the landy was about as clean.... :drink1:

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry to hear about your ban- when you doing your test?!?
are you going to scare the examiner by taking it in the 109? that would be worth filming!!!!!!

i like your roofrack- ideas for the future me thinks

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grumbleweed said:
sorry to hear about your ban- when you doing your test?!?
are you going to scare the examiner by taking it in the 109? that would be worth filming!!!!!!

i like your roofrack- ideas for the future me thinks
Cheers-I have the theory test scheduled for the 29th of this month!!! I would love to scare the **** out of the examiner by bringing the 109 that would be too funny!! :drive: I will be slightly on the practical side and take my Disco.However.... I would imagine that if I could get the 109 around in London traffic he would assume I could drive anything!! The roof rack is a Brownchurch.They are in North London.www.brownchurch.co.uk Cheers-Andy :wave:

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Andy...that Red 109 is the stufff dreams are made of!!!!!! :buttrock:

What is the displacement of that 4 banger? Is that a standard TD?

And NO!!!....dont take it for the exam....very bad idea!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just e-mailed about a roofrack- looks bloody good i'll say!

Just fitted a nice sound system into my 109- courtesy of grumbleweed engineering (parts bin under bed). two overhead speakers above the windscreen and a bass box just behind the rear seats. Sounds great with a bit of hendrix at full tilt! the diesel adds to the effect i find!

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the tappets on my diesel today- one was 3 mm out- i could actually tilt the rocler and pull out the rod! scary that i drove 25 miles like that!

Running sweet now- new battery and heater plugs. doing a service next week when we do the clutch! i have found an overdrive in need of a clean up-the dremel will come in very handy me thinks!!

A piccy of 3 guys' twin 109!! from an ants eye view

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grumbleweed said:
I did the tappets on my diesel today- one was 3 mm out- i could actually tilt the rocler and pull out the rod! scary that i drove 25 miles like that!

Running sweet now- new battery and heater plugs. doing a service next week when we do the clutch! i have found an overdrive in need of a clean up-the dremel will come in very handy me thinks!!

A piccy of 3 guys' twin 109!! from an ants eye view

Man you got alot of great stuff planned for your rig!! We must hit the trails sometime!!! what tyres are those on your truck?? Are those Firestone??? If they are they must be Loud as hell on the road.I had a set on mine when I bought her. I was convinced as was my mechanic that the gearbox was out due to so much noise reverbing through the box from the tyres!!! Great truck mate!!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Both of those 109 SWs look superb! I'm truly envious.

I'd really love to have a 12-seater Series III, but since I have a post-1997 driving license I can't drive one for another 2 years and them the insurance gets silly because of all the seats:bawling:

My 7-seater is currently filthy because some idiot got it stuck in a big hole:

It was all so shiny such a short time ago :D

The list of jobs just goes on: snorkel to fit, bonnet to re-spray (that's been on the to-do list for nearly a year), just done the front swivels and all the wheel bearings, just done new brake shoes and cylinders, still got raised breather kit and swivel gaiters to fit....

Series IIIs are great aren't they? :D

Jack

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jozg44 said:
Both of those 109 SWs look superb! I'm truly envious.

I'd really love to have a 12-seater Series III, but since I have a post-1997 driving license I can't drive one for another 2 years and them the insurance gets silly because of all the seats:bawling:

My 7-seater is currently filthy because some idiot got it stuck in a big hole:

The list of jobs just goes on: snorkel to fit, bonnet to re-spray (that's been on the to-do list for nearly a year), just done the front swivels and all the wheel bearings, just done new brake shoes and cylinders, still got raised breather kit and swivel gaiters to fit....

Series IIIs are great aren't they? :D
Jack
Series III's are the greatest!! I know in my heart that no matter how great the Disco is it could never be as cool as the series!!!! You look like your having a great time with yours!!! Get out ok??

·
Registered
23 Posts
why do you have to wait another 2 years before having a 12 seater? i have a post 97 licence too- i have taken the rear benches out (officially) and declared it as a 6 seater!

the tyres on mine are Deestone 7.50's
they are a bit noisy but then if i wanted silence i would take the rangie! all adds to the dramatic effect (at least thats what i tell myself). They aren't too noisy though- remember i have a diesel! The truck handles ok on them too! surprising.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I could get a 12-seater and remove the required number of seats, but then it wouldn't be a 12-seater- illogical reasoning, but I have a strange hankering to drive a car with 12 seats- once you're over 21 you can drive anything up to 16 seats as long as it's not for profit. I know what I want as a 21st Birthday present! (I'll start saving).

Yes, I did get out of that hole eventually- that blue 90 lurking in the background had to give me a tow :eek: The 90 promptly got stuck, requiring it to be towed out by the SIII :) which then got stuck :eek: (you get the idea). Eventually we managed to get both Landys on reasonably solid ground- that farm track was an absolute nightmare! Didn't help that both Landys were on wimpy tyres.

We had another attempt at the hole later on in the day- which was the only vehicle to get through first time? My 62 horsepower SIII :buttrock: :D

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GriffSC said:
those rigs are boss, boys.

hey, series3, you sure that "L" isn't for "lush" or "liquored?" you outta get something similar to those "baby-on-board" stickers... one that says "Loaded Yankee on Board."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Liquored yank on board....think I can sort that out fot ya! I'll have one made up ASAP!! :drink1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.