Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

(I probably only have a matter of time now before my carpets go mouldy and rot away into gooey stuff, so I'd better make this post as brief as possible!) :)

I recently noticed that the carpets on the footwell on the drivers side (on RHD) were getting wet on my 2001 DiscoII TD5. We're not talking a little water, but enough to make a little pool that you can splash your foot in if you stamp it down hard.

The problem isn't rain intrusion through bad door seals or anything, as it happens when it hasn't even been raining. It's worst in hot dry weather (well, as hot as we get in England anyway) when the aircon has been running.

At first I thought it might be condensation water running back out of the aircon, through the lower vents, as the vents sometimes spit tiny amounts of water out (like they do on any car). But this doesn't appear to be the problem, as I can't find the water dripping down from anywhere above.

It actually appears that the water is coming up through the carpets from underneath, in dry weather. I think I saw this in action yesterday, when I parked on a really steep hill at a funny angle, and observed the water coming out under the door and trickling down onto the ground. On opening the door to see where it was coming from it was coming out from under the corner of the carpet, when the carpert joins the rubber at the bottom of the door. Again this was on a completely dry day.

Any ideas?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Seems like you could have a blockage in the Air Conditioning drip lines.
If you crawl under the vehicle at the drivers or passenger front door, then slide inward, you should see if you look hard, one tube (there are two), on each side of the Transmission. Each line should have a little nipple on them. When they clog up, water backs up onto the floor inside. A length of wire can be used to unblock it, but don't position yourself directly underneath it.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.