Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My car is a 1998, Disco with 68,000ks. Auto trans, V8.

For the second time, I have found the front carpets saturated with water. The first occasion was in torrential rain, and I suspected a leak around the windscreen - or the doors. It had been hot though and the air con had been on.

But, on this occasion, the weather has been fine (indeed hot! - and the air con has been on) - and I found the carpets saturated again.

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Regards

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
A few good ideas

The interior condensor which cools the air, along with the air conditioning ducting, will have a hole where the condensation leaves the vehicle. I am guessing that either you have a plugged or clogged drain plug, or you may have water entering the compartment from another location. Water may be entering from the top of the windscreen down, or even following the antenna lead.

Either way, you will have to pull the carpet and give it a good look-see.

Good luck and good hunting.

Adam in NYC 96 D1

·
Banned
914 Posts
Look under the vehicle, just above the front driveshaft, near the t-case end. You will see two, black, nipples on each side of the transmission tunnel. Usally, you can just squeeze them, and that will release the water trapped within.

Do it with every oil change...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You bueady!

Thanks, Guys - I had the car have a 70 k service recently, and I explained the initial wetting of the carpets to the dealer. They said they would check the drain hoses, but found nothing amiss, and so they replaced the front door surround seals. BUT, it wasn't raining yesterday - and the water seems equally distributed on boith front footwells. It surely can only be the air con then - - but is it possible that the drain hoses are disconnected at the air con unit end?

How the heck do the carpets come out?? Transmisison cover, etc, need to come out???

Thanks, guys - your wisdom is appreciated.

Regards

Ray

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hank said:
Look under the vehicle, just above the front driveshaft, near the t-case end. You will see two, black, nipples on each side of the transmission tunnel. Usally, you can just squeeze them, and that will release the water trapped within.

Do it with every oil change...

Is it so bad that I started laughing when I read that?:dunno:

I concur with the condensor opinion. I've had that happen to various cars already, and 99% of the time, it's the condensor. The only one that didn't have that problem was my 65 project Mustang, but half the seals were rotted, so water got in from everywhere.

fwiw, just my $.02:drink1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.