Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to be coming from the center consol, it is dripping down on the passenger side right under the front center (near where the cupholder and such are). It is getting my passenger carpet wet, i'm been running the A/C alot but i dont think that it is condensing the hot moisture in the air that much. I'm gonna just hope it goes away, have anyone had this problem?

·
2,986 Posts
Your AC drain plugs are probably clogged, you gotta get under your truck and clean them out.. they are soft rubbery nipples basically.. they are located on either side of the bellhousing.. I found the passenger one to be almost directly above the u-joint for the front driveshift.. I just pulled it completly off, blasted compressed air through it, and reattached.

·
2,986 Posts
You wont mess anything up, basically, get under your truck from the passenger side, go to where you believe you'd be right under the stereo/AC controls, you'll see the drive shaft, reach up to where you are feeling the bottom of the truck, and you should feel a black rubber nozzle... mine popped right off, but you can just try to squeeze it to push the dirt out of it.. be prepared to get an armpit of water though!

There is another one on the exact opposite side that's a little harder to get to..

You should be able to see them with a flash light.

Also, its quite hot down there, so I recommend doing it after the car has been sitting for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I agree AC drain tube clogged. I had that problem with both of my Discos, 2000 SE7 ACE and 2003 SE ACE, and boy did that piss me off. My dealer did take care of it quite nicely by replacing the carpet each time.

·
2,986 Posts
They aren't really hoses, picture a hole in the floor about the size of a dime, then having a nipple from a baby's bottle coming out.. mine popped out real easy and back in on the passenger side.. I have yet to get a good enough angle on the drivers side to get it out.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
doh! .... Well I would try and find it. It helps direct the water out of the truck. If you can't find it you should order one from the stealer and replace it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The nipple from unde the car? not the one in the car, I dont think that it should be a problem, it looks like it just slows down the flow of water. I personally dont think that it is a necessity but does anyone know for sure? I might try to run it like that for a while, if it cause a problem i'll buy a new one and replace it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.