Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all - it's all happening!!

Today, we were out in the Discovery, and there was a downpour. Some 15 mins after it ended, wife and I noticed the front foorwell carpets were saturated - and we noted a drip from under the dash somewhere into the passenger side.

The carpets are now lifted, and the saturated underfoam as well, drying. This obviously is not an ongoing problem as the floors under the carperts show nothing but the shining red Rioja paint - so it has just started. Could this be coming in through the front windscreen surrounds/rubber??

Any similar experiences and/or advice??

Thanks

Regards

Ray

·
Registered
641 Posts
Could be a leaky sunroof and/or clogged drains.

·
Registered
317 Posts
see water, look up

I had wet carpets in my disco when I bought it too. Much to my amusement, the top seal along the windscreen was totally loose, unattached to anything. So, out comes the 3m weatherstripping adhesive and I tacked that thing down...now things are drying...excellent.

It could be the sunroof too...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
229 Posts
Leak

Ray Wiley said:
Hi, all - it's all happening!!

Today, we were out in the Discovery, and there was a downpour. Some 15 mins after it ended, wife and I noticed the front foorwell carpets were saturated - and we noted a drip from under the dash somewhere into the passenger side.

The carpets are now lifted, and the saturated underfoam as well, drying. This obviously is not an ongoing problem as the floors under the carperts show nothing but the shining red Rioja paint - so it has just started. Could this be coming in through the front windscreen surrounds/rubber??

Any similar experiences and/or advice??

Thanks

Regards

Ray

I have the same problem , It was from the right intake plenum seal , They
leak sometimes in a heavy rain into the Pass side footwell. I have resealed mine once before and i need to do it again now. There is a L/R TSB on that
problem , Like 8 million other annoying little problems with these trucks.

The little plastic piece in the picture is the R/Plenum it is held on with one bolt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U bueady!!

Thanks, Guys - my car has no sunroof, so that is that possibility out. Certainly, the rubber at the top of the windscreen is loose as. I'll check the Plenum (how do you say that????) areas too.

Obviously hasn't been doing it for long as the paint on the floor is still more or less as new.

I have the carpets and the undermatting foam rubber, lifted so that the air can dry them out at the moment - and as I write this it's out in teh Sydney sun (28' C expected today).

Thanks for your advice. :clap:

Regards

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.