Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Range Rover Sport 2012 currently having a terrible time trying to find out where a leak is getting in to my drivers side, the floor is soaking. It’s been looked at and thought the issue was rectified by mending a break in a drainage line that runs down the drivers side. But since having recent rain it’s back to being soaking again, can’t physically see any water dripping in to the car so where the hell could it be coming from? It’s ruining my carpet and god knows what damage is being done where the water is lying. Any ideas people?

·
very disco
1,387 Posts
Water usually comes from the windshield or the sunroof. The sunroof could either be damaged drain tubes or clogged tubes which cause the gutters to overflow and run down the A pillar into the footwell.

another remote possibility is a bad plug or grommet in the firewall, although that’s protected from direct rain ingress and is less likely to allow any measurable quantity of water to enter the cabin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water usually comes from the windshield or the sunroof. The sunroof could either be damaged drain tubes or clogged tubes which cause the gutters to overflow and run down the A pillar into the footwell.

another remote possibility is a bad plug or grommet in the firewall, although that’s protected from direct rain ingress and is less likely to allow any measurable quantity of water to enter the cabin
Thanks for that, all the tubes in the A pillar have already been checked so we know it’s not that. I was thinking maybe air Con?

·
Registered
29 Posts
These guys are right in suggesting a leaking sunroof drain BUT it might also be a leak in the heater core / HEVAC system. I suggest you get a torch and crawl into the footwell to see if you can determine the source. It is not uncommon for a drain tubs to fall off

·
very disco
1,387 Posts
i would have a hard time believing that leaking heater core water could cross the center console hump to the driver side!

the flashlight is your best bet... pull the A-pillar and the kick panel, and look at the metal walls... leaking water usually leaves a tattle tale in the dust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts