Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just about to button up my head gasket job and I am waiting on my water pump. At the auto parts store I saw three different variations, one having a brass impeller, one I believe was steel and another (the cheapest) had a poly/plastic style impeller. Gaskets all looked the same? Bearing all felt similar (maybe not?)

I opted to order in the more expensive ($150 versus the cheapo was only $45!) one (brass impeller, looked the same as the one I removed) is there truly a difference or am I just throwing money out the door?

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Had I more disposable income and/or known Lucky8 is supposed to have good price on it probably would have gone with the top-of-line Airtex pump with brass impeller. Found when shopping local pump prices were much higher, NAPA, AA and AZ wanted twice were asking twice for same pumps available online. Would not have considered one with a plastic impeller unless for a get home emergency situation. Ended up with a $60-70 ACDelco with typical steel impeller for my PM replacement. Has been good so far.

Local $150 for a Airtex/brass is good. Don't look back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.