Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear LR lovers,
Just a quick question. I think I can see antifreeze in my water pumps weep hole but there aren't any drips to be found or traces of dried up coolant. Is there suck a thing as an acceptable seepage at the weep hole? I know this is stupid but how much time do I have once it starts to leak? The pump is only a month old.
Thank you all in advance. Again!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You need a new water pump, consider buying one of these from British Parts of Utah, good price, strong as hell 2 year warranty and a solid brass impellor.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the pump mike suggested, it's nice and it's water routes look considerably larger than oem quality, along with the impeller. Also, there is no acceptable coolant leak anywhere, especially in a rover. If you see no signs of leaking then it's probably not, especially if it's one month old, keep a close eye on it for the time being, if and when you see a leak, you order a new pump, no waiting.

Dane.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Steve. The answer to your question is that your water pump is fine.
Jesus Dane! You repeat everything Disco Mike says like he's got his hand up your ass moving your mouth. Believe it or not, he doesn't know everything about LR's. Do you or Mike even know what the weep hole is for? One of it's purposes is to equalize atmospheric pressure within the casting so that the seal remains viable. Another is to allow very small amounts of coolant to drain from the seal through normal function. And yes, if the seal IS failing, it will drip, but at a noticeable rate.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It is always good to hear from someone who isn't right. Replace it before the pump fails or live with the possible damage that will occur when it over heats the engine.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It is always good to hear from someone who isn't right. Replace it before the pump fails or live with the possible damage that will occur when it over heats the engine.
Did you even read the whole question? New water pump, no drips, no dried coolant, and your telling him it's about to fail? Why do you think they call it a WEEP hole?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Steve. The answer to your question is that your water pump is fine.
Jesus Dane! You repeat everything Disco Mike says like he's got his hand up your ass moving your mouth. Believe it or not, he doesn't know everything about LR's. Do you or Mike even know what the weep hole is for? One of it's purposes is to equalize atmospheric pressure within the casting so that the seal remains viable. Another is to allow very small amounts of coolant to drain from the seal through normal function. And yes, if the seal IS failing, it will drip, but at a noticeable rate.
I was agreeing in the quality of the pump as columbiar was, If you would've read my post I told him its probably fine, if it leaks anymore than it should out I the weep hole than he should replace it. I just told him to keep an eye on it for the time being. I'm sure you misunderstood what I meant.

Thanks,
Dane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's not my place-nor to I mind the fact but @helievacpilot you sure are a dick. I mean-sure-you might not like a single thing another forum member says or advises but come on- you can easily be constructive, helpful and even disagreeable without being a prick about it. I've been lurking on this site for over a year and its just absurd you get away talking to and about people the way you do. Did you get picked on a lot in school and find safety and strength behind your keyboard? Are you making up for something God didn't give you in your undies?

Seriously man-relax a little. Be helpful or just go ahead and spread your misery elsewhere as I'm sure anyone looking for advice would rather eat someone's bottom than listen to your demeaning and derogatory comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.