Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My suggestion is, Don't do it, unless it's an emergency, however, if you have lots of disposable spare cash, here's some things you need to do.
* Make sure that all your door seals are in good condition. If any of them are torn, you need to replace them.
* Smear dielectric silicon inside all your spark plug boots, as well as coil, distributor (if you have one). If you have a distributor, cover it well with a plastic bag.
* Fill and seal all holes in the firewall; attending also to those that carry electrical wires into the cabin. Smear silicon around the grommets.
* Install breathers for the axles. These need to be at least engine height.
* Install wading plugs into the bellhousing and timing cover.
* Install a snorkle for your air intake, as well as, your exhaust.
* Remove your fan.
* Spray copious amounts of WD40 or similar product over the electrical parts in the engine bay.
* Fit a "blind" infront of the radiator and extending over the hood as far as possible.
* If you have a winch, ensure that you have pulled out sufficient cable and secured it in such a manner, that should you stall in deep water, you can get access to it without have to dive underwater looking for it.
* Tape up the outside of all your doors, and climb in through your window.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I had a freelander before my disco, and every time i took it off road, it died in any depth water. I am paranoid about water. What are the safe depths for the disco 2?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.