Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 95 LWB repainted...waited the 3 months the body shop instructed me to hold tight before waxing and then on successive weekends I waxed the baby with a sealant wax and then a carnauba wax. The last few weekends I have just done a quick wash and dry. How often can I wax? And do I have to use the sealant wax before the carnauba wax each time? Or can I just go right to the carnauba wax now? Tom

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
A good carnuba wax is all you need to seal and protect.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can wax as often as you like (polishing on the other hand...) There is no harm in building up layers, but some waxes and before polishing you'll want to use a pre-wax, which essentially removes all those layers.

I'd use a synthetic wax to protect followed up by carnuba for a warmer shine.

Carnuba wax lasts anywhere from 1-3 months, and I use it more for it's shine than it's protecting characteristics. Synthetic wax (Klasse, menzerna, vintage, etc) last anywhere from 6 months to a full year if applied correctly. More over, synthetic wax is laughably easy to apply and take off(menzerna).

Keep in mind, unless you're ape **** anal about everything, the more you wax, the more swirl marks you're going to have to remove down the road (polishing). A single grain of sand in that micro fiber cloth is all it takes. So maybe a good 2 step polish every few years for that. (as opposed to polishing once a year)

·
Registered
175 Posts
my process,

-clay bar as necessary (works great on windows btw)
-cleaner wax
-polish
-wax

comes out AMAZING!

Then i wash and use a meguiars quikwax every two washes.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
my process,

-clay bar as necessary (works great on windows btw)
-cleaner wax
-polish
-wax

comes out AMAZING!

Then i wash and use a meguiars quikwax every two washes.
You've got the right idea. However, polish should come before wax. So

clay
polish
cleaner wax (if needed)
wax

Colin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts