Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming into my first "winter" with my Defender and want to insulate my legs from drafts coming up from under the seat. I was looking at the best way to do it, and have some ideas, but am interested to see what the pros would do.

I have lost all hope of keeping dry feet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Insulation!!!???!!! Thats for girls and Toyota Owners!!!!

Wear some quilted trousers, ski socks and nice boots and dont forget to direct the heater to the underdash vents.

It all the freezing weather I've driven totally stripped out defenders (Army Wolfs) I've only ever had a problem with being too damn hot from all that gear box heat from down there..

Sorry for not being very helpfull but IMO a good landrover is a stripped bare one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

I just don't want to hear it from my wife...

I am primarily interested in the types of stuff that won't melt or peel when it gets hot. I wouldn't mind a little insulation from the heat for the Summer too though.

Just a big wimp I guess. But I'm working on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used the flat ensulite in places where space was an issue and to keep the cost down, and then used the egg carton shaped ones where space wasn't the issue(doors, etc).

The nice thing about ensulite is that it doesn't seem to hold water. Better to be ready for water then to try and leak proof.

My wife loves the 110 but probably would make using it daily difficult if she wasn't relatively comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.