Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I finally opened the box now that I got home and this this is SWEET! Looks like its going to be one HELL of an easy install! Very few parts, although the instructions are a bit vague. For this reason, I will be doing something similar to my CV Joint Replacement thread only a more proper type of thing. I'll be creating a step by step photo documentary for the installation wiht a list of tools and mscl. parts needed on a seperate page and posting a link. I'll also be redoing my CV Joint Doc as well.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
What I actually want to do is fab my own top into a cone-like one that can also fit a tube K&N filter....kinda like what john lee did.....

....will act as a better prefilter so I dont have to worry about the tube gitting full of dust.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
01001010 said:
Mantec is the way to go man...this thing actually looks BEEFY as HEK...all of the images I've seen on the net make it look puney compared to what it really looks like!
Hell yeah....the Mantec snorkels are MUCH better made than the safari snorkels(IMO), really nice pieces, very stout. Are you going to run or already have extended breathers? If so, run them into the cab as opposed to running them to the top of the snorkel. It's just too easy to blast water into the breathers at the car wash.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Badger1 said:
Hell yeah....the Mantec snorkels are MUCH better made than the safari snorkels(IMO), really nice pieces, very stout. Are you going to run or already have extended breathers? If so, run them into the cab as opposed to running them to the top of the snorkel. It's just too easy to blast water into the breathers at the car wash.
Not yet, but wheelin in Florida.....those are definately a must. Before that I have a few Priority Repairs (DriveShaft and Brakes)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.