Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I got into some deep snow the other day - having some fun and when toolin' around noticed this weird noise when the wheels lost traction and I was still gunnin it. It was kind of like a "boinnnngggg" like a spring would sound when flexing back real quick - or more like a tuning fork for a musical instrument or the thing the quack whacks your knees and elbows with????????? Know wot I mean???

Anyway it only happens when loosing traction on the wheels....I couldn't define the rear but it definitely does it ont he front.

So I looked under there and noticed what may be the culprit.....There is some "thing" in the wheel well that is round at the base and has an extension to it that pops outta the top....looks like a little wheel with a rod coming outta the top.

ANY IDEAS...thought I would try and get a quick answer here from allt he gurus before scouring the manual.....ALSO what does it do, apart from make noise!:bgreen:

CHEERS! :drink1:

· Registered
490 Posts
Traction control on the classics is at the rear only, not the front-the only thing I can think of that you're talking about are the brake rotor protectors? If it happens only when you lose traction than maybe it is your viscous coupling unit? How about what year your Rover is?

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 95 LWB Classic....Like I said if you look in the wheel well area you will notice this rod attached to a wheel that is mounted on the side of the wheel well. If you grab it and move it it is what makes the noise - I am just dumb founded as to it's purpose.

I do not believe it is the TC.

CHEERS

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FINE! I will try....The reason I own a classic is I hate dealing with technology! Unlike you OK I am all thumbs with those digital things....maybe my daughter can help hmmmmmmm :lol:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Boing?

That is the ride height sensor for your air suspension. There are 4 of them, one in each wheel arch. I don't see this making any noise. All it is is a variable resistor that goes to the EAS computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.