Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey There Discovery Lovers.i Just Purchased A 99 Disc0very A While Ago That I'm More Than Satisfied With ( Except The Gas Mileage Of Course).i Got It For 15000 $.it Is Fully Loaded Evrything One Owner Bought It For 45000 Brand New Cuz He Added Like 10000 Worth Of Options And Localy Traded It In.it Has 75000 Miles So I Guess I Got A Pretty Good Deal Right ?anyway I've Been Hearing That Weird "dong" Noise Somewhere Close To The Rear Right Wheel.it Does That Noise Every Minute Specialy At Slow Speeds.i Noticed It When I Turned Off My Radio Lately Cuz I Couldn't Hear It Before.i Checked Under The Car And Everything ,checked The Brakes But There's Nothing Wrong.as Far As Car Performance,i Don't See Anything Different,so It Could Be That I'm Just Hallucinating.but If Anybody Knows What I'm Talking Bout Pliz Let Me Know.thanx Guys.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you want to stop hearing the noise, turn the radio back on. Just kidding!
Stand on the rear bumper bar and bounce up and down a few times and see if you can hear the same noise. If it is there, and you cannot isolate where it is coming from, have some else do the bouncing whilst you are underneath it. It may not be a suspension issue, but its a good starting point.
Let's know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts