Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my wife and I exchanged vehicles for a couple of weeks. She calls me from work and says that the D-2 wont start that everything is coming on but the starter isnt turning over. I tell her to get out ,Lock the doors, Unlock it , get in and try again and whammo everything is fine. WTF is up I imagine something to do with the Alarm system maybe? I know about the superlock and stuff and she assures me that she is jst doing the basic 1 push to lock and 1 push to unlock, any ideas? and it has happened more than once, never has happened to me though. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It could be the starter, a dirty cable, a low battery. I doubt it is the alarm, she couldn't sit in it if the super alarm was still on. If the alarm were having a problem, the warning light would be flashing rapidily while she is trying to start the truck.
Ask your wife if the starter is making a clicking sound when she turns the Key??
Mike J.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I drove it today and everything is fine . I think maybe she was locking the door with the key as she was turning to start it and possibly shutting the door at the same time. any ways it seems fine today.
Maybe it was just angry with me for trading LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the same problem on my '02 Disco. SE.

When i go to turn the key nothing turns over, but while the key is in the ignition if i hit unlock again the key will go forward and the car will start.

it seems as though the alarm system is only half disabled sometimes. i dont know how this is possible.... i've noticed it though... i'll unlock the car...get in and still see the red light pulse every 10 secs or so...and that's when it wont let me start it..but if i hit unlock on the fob it will...

very strange...yet another 'tick' of a disco... :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.