Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to welcome you all to Landroversonly.

I started this site a few days after I bought my first Land Rover, a 1995 LWB Range Rover. I wanted to learn more about it and saw a need for a community that was not tied to any magazine, company etc... Basically I wanted to start a site that did not have an underlying commercial interest.

My goal is to have a thriving community of Land Rover owners, enthusiasts and admirers. We have only been live for a little under 2 weeks, yet we already have over 100 members and growing. I have been advertising and emailing anyone I can think of that has interest in Land Rovers. I want to spread the word quickly and bring people in. We already have some great knowledge on this forum as can be attested to some of the posts.

I am open to any and all suggestions that will help the site grow. Please understand that I run this whole thing out of my own pocket and I do have budget constraints.

I hope you all enjoy this site and if you have any comments or questions about the site itself, this is the section to post them in.

Serg

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would like to thank you for your work and forthought. I found your site from a google ad and am excited about finding it. My family just bought (getting the financing tomorrow) our first Land Rover Discovery II, a 2000, because we were looking for a replacement for our 1990 Chevrolet Suburban with 195,000 miles. We use it to travel to dog shows with our Great Danes. It still works 100% but the wife is going to drive everyday and it's just too big for her. I was a General Motors tech for 10 years and we were only looking at GM products (because I can fix them) but we ran the gamut and she didn't like driving any of them. Just for giggles she drove a Discovery and LOVES IT!!! I'm relieved and I think I'm now more excited than she is. Anyway, I ran through and saved as many links to LR parts as I could and was hoping to find an outlet with some technical forums. I've already purchased the service manuals and with my expertise in the field I hope I can be of some help to anyone that needs it. Bu remember I'm new the LRs and won't open my mouth unless I'm sure. Please be patient, even though I've been in the IT industry now for four years, this is my first forum i've contributed to.

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
My sentinents exactly Serg. I visited other sites prior to joining this.
This is a kich A** forum with a great future. You did well indeed.
Thanks.

·
4,576 Posts
Agreed! This site is FAN DAMn TASTIC...Seriously though, it is, otherwise I wouldnt have 1k+ posts! I spend a lot of time on here, and thats because I love Land Rovers and I love learning..mix the two and you get a compulsive disorder that takes over all life!..lol

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
You've done well.... I really like this site....over 500 post in about a month....yup, I'm hooked..... :D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
yes I agree!! This site is awesome!!!! #1!! Im hooked; im OCD with the "new posts" button now. Muahaha 212 posts in 20 days exactly, watchout funrover, im catching up :D

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Funrover said:
over 500 post in about a month....

Frickin' bastard. I'm gonna have to quit my job soon so I have enough time to waste on this God forsaken forum just to keep up on your posts.

Oh yeah, thanks for the forum Serg...no really, thanks

:D :buttrock: :wave: :clap: :drink1:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
keptin said:
"new posts" button

What? You mean this whole time I could have just been doing it that way? Hold on a sec...yup, moved my beer out of the way and by golly, there is a button for that. :eek: :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
roverX said:
Frickin' bastard. I'm gonna have to quit my job soon so I have enough time to waste on this God forsaken forum just to keep up on your posts.

Oh yeah, thanks for the forum Serg...no really, thanks

:D :buttrock: :wave: :clap: :drink1:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been registered here and lurking for quite some time and Serg just fixed my access so now that I could post. Thanks again Serg and great site.
:wave: :drive:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Monty said:
Been registered here and lurking for quite some time and Serg just fixed my access so now that I could post. Thanks again Serg and great site.
:wave: :drive:

Welcome Monty! I am about an hour and a quarter south of you in Motown.

·
Registered
187 Posts
roverX said:
Welcome Monty! I am about an hour and a quarter south of you in Motown.
Yeah, I've been wondering why we've been having flocks of sheep coming this way. I see why now.
:lol:

On a serious note, though, I hope to wheel with you some day. Oh how I miss going to deer valley.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Welcome Monty!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Serg, this is a great site, and the people here really makes this site what it is, everyone here are very friendly,helpful and knowledgeable.
I'm no different than anyone else, Ive searched all these LR forum sites and spent time in some, but this site you put together I call home.

So really this is a "THANK YOU" for putting this great place together and making me more of a Land Rover fan.

Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Funrover. I second what Chris says. :drink1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts