Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Series Moderator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Welcome to the LRO series forum,as you will all be aware Serg has appointed moderators to assist in running the forums and I have been appointed as the series forum moderator.

For those who who dont know me Im From Cumbria,England I have owned landrovers for the last 14 years in all shapes and sizes and im totally hooked to the point I just cant bear not to have one (five at the moment) I have always done my own maintenance and major repairs so have learnt the hard way (and have the scars to prove it :) ).

Just a few guidelines for the use of the forum firstly If we could keep it about landrovers (series vehicles) any posts/threads deemed unsuitable will be removed if offensive or topics that get out of hand, any misplaced threads can be moved to the relevant section.

If you feel a post does need attention please contact me so the matter can be dealt with accordingly.If you feel you need to contact me for whatever reason please use the forum private messaging system and I will respond as soon as I can.

Thanks and Happy Trundling
ONz

· Series Moderator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
g7jtk said:
Congratulations on becoming a mod. Nice to see someone local in a worldwide organisation.:buttrock: :clap: :beer:

Ta muchly

· Registered
2,428 Posts
Hi, excited to be here. I just purchased a 2007 Range Rover, how do I know what "series" I am???? Sorry for my stupidity :bawling:
THANKS!
JJF
You can post here, although, you might have better success in the Range Rover forum (two down from this section on the main page...). Congratulations on the Rangie.

· Master Land Rover Tech
62 Posts
hi JJF, a SERIES truck is another name for a Land Rover. Land Rover was originally built by Rover Cars and had the model Land Rover. Well now the company is Land Rover and we have different models as the series trucks are now named the Defender. Because of the Span of years and small changes they started with the Series 1 land Rover , then Series 2, then Series 2A, and Series 3. After the Series 3 ended in 1989 they started building the Defender trucks.

· Registered
3,198 Posts
What sort of advice?
I've never done a 200Tdi, but I can't imagine it's much.
Glow plugs, starter, temp and pressure sensors?
Starter can use SII wiring (though I'd put in a larger cable for the motor, 1/0 or 53mm2).
Senors should be able to use the same wiring if electric (I prefer mechanical however).
Glow plugs should be run off a relay and you can either get a proper Land Rover diesel switch or just use a simple push button switch (I did the latter).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.