Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to Guns and Roses...

i used to love hah.. but i have to keep hah.. i can't sell hah so i 'm gonna fix hah.. I won't put hah.. six feet undah.. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

OK OK.. I just pulled her off the for sale section.. :confused

I guess it it time to "get er done". I slipped into a pretty bad depression last time I tried to get this lump fixed up last go around.. this thing drives me nuts... but this time... yes this time.. ohh this time.. no stopping daddy.

My ball and chain.. is a 1988 RRC. OK.. help someone please.

Now the serious talk.

The lower rear tailgate crossmember. mine is rusted off...poof.. gone. fragments left.. are there welds anywhere on that crossmember? I can't see traces of any. Any pics of where the welds go in the new one?

I have a new crossmember that is not fit for being put back there, yet anyway.. I mean shiite.. it has next to NO paint on it. I am not doing this again.. (like my heater core)

So once I find out where/if the welds go.. I will make nice rubber bushings/grommets out of some car tires and ss bolts and drop her in, weld her where she needs it.. then comes rust bullet and marine epoxy..

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best,
Andy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Andy, I can check tonite and send you pics of the rear xmember.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sorry Andy, I took some pics but they didn't come out to good. From what I noticed the weld goes all the way around the x-member.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Damn Devon, I could've sold you a good frame and bodyshell for under $500.... nice work man!!! :clap:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah but it wouldve takena lot more time to swap drivetrain and interior probably. :)
Overall cost on teh job was under 500 as well. Thanks for the compliment, it was a fun project, but never again. Once is enough for me. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.