Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe not a monster, but WAY over the towing capacity. I had to help a friend pick up his new 26ft Wellcraft 260 with aft and full gally. It was loaded up with 100gal of fuel and the fresh water tank was also full. I was a bit nervous since the weight with trailer is pushing the scales at 7300lb's. It pulled it out of the river with out barely touching the gas and towed it for 62 miles on the freeway (70MPH) and in town, no problems except it wasn't very happy going up large inclines without being in the 4000 rpm range.

All in all, I was VERY nervous doing it but it pulled like a champ. I got many a strange look from people when I was pulling this rig, it absolutley dwarfed my D2.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It certainly did. I usually pull my boat at least twice a week but fully loaded with trailer is about 1500lb's less than my friends, still over the rated towing capacity. Caulk another gold star up for Land Rover!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! I have a Contender 27 with twin 300's and I am concerned about pulling it with my Disco. But after reading your post, I will try it. I am guessing the total weight of the rig is around 8500 lbs. I know it will pull it out of the water in low range. Am I crazy to try?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.