Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had substantial rain (for us anyway!) over the last week and the LR has been sitting in the driveway, not driven the entire time. I went to take her out today and both driver and passenger side floor mats are quite wet. Door seals are solid and don't appear to be the culprit. Any thoughts on where the leak may be occurring or anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks.

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
the windshield is the likely culprit, though the sunroof is a usual suspect as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rev. Time to go sit in it while the Mrs. hoses it down and see if I can find a leak!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hahahaha, you and I must have been typing at the same time, Rev....and the use of the word "culprit" is coincidental.

I say sunroof over windshield cowl because the wetness is on both sides. Usually ingress through the cowl goes into the pollen filter box and onto the passenger side floor.

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Hahahaha, you and I must have been typing at the same time, Rev....and the use of the word "culprit" is coincidental.

I say sunroof over windshield cowl because the wetness is on both sides. Usually ingress through the cowl goes into the pollen filter box and onto the passenger side floor.
Interesting indeed. My experience has usually been localized water with either left or right side due to sunroof also. That is unless it’s dripping heavily from the middle, but the OP hasn’t mentioned any water on the console and this thread isn’t about his radio not working (-;

I suppose us Washingtonians are likely the most versed in Land Rover leaks!

Reactions: HOUM_WA

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Lolol. That’ll do it. There’s a roof calibration process you can do without tools

·
Registered
2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE V8
40 Posts
We have had substantial rain (for us anyway!) over the last week and the LR has been sitting in the driveway, not driven the entire time. I went to take her out today and both driver and passenger side floor mats are quite wet. Door seals are solid and don't appear to be the culprit. Any thoughts on where the leak may be occurring or anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks.
It’s almost always the sunroof drain tube…
Try putting a tarp over just the sunroof for awhile or seal it with some removeable caulk and see if it will dry out and stop. The seal around the bottom of the windshield can also cause issues… it can also be an AC drain leak but that’s unlikely if the water is correlated with the rain ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts