Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out with my mom and kids in my D2 yesterday and we got rear ended!! I am sore, as is my mom, the kids seem to be ok but my big sexy white girl took it up the tail for me!! It hurts me to see her in pain! I went to take pics to show to you guys but I can't find my usb cord, when I do I will share! It was a compact little red car, looked like a hyundai maybe- she hit me and went up unber me, buckled my bumper and bent it up into the rear door, both bumper tail lights popped out and the passenger rear side panel where the gas cap is is bent up too! I asked the guy at the auto shop for a rough estimate- he said at least 4,500.00- I told him to clean or repair the interior as well as we had drinks and juice that may have stained my carpets and headliners- I have to go back tomorrow to get my stuff out I am gonna take more pics then as well. I want to check out the front to see if there is any damage from the tow- can you fellas help a girl out? What else do I need to look for and check out? I don't want to leave anything in need of repair kwim. I am stuck in a flippin ford explorer loaner- augh

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hope you all are okay! I feel your, and your truck's, pain... I hit a lady in a Ford Windstar that ran a stop sign going about 35-40 (I was) and my poor girl was very well smashed up in the front. Brush bar pushed into and over the hood so that it wouldn't open. Front side end cap was pushed into the left front tire so the truck wouldn't drive. Didn't have a camera back then, but maybe that is a good thing, as it caused me pain to look at her like that! (Caused me a concussion too!) Sorry I don't have any advice for ya, just glad you guys seem to be okay and let us know when you get the truck back! It sucks when other people don't pay attention!!!

·
2,986 Posts
First off, I'm glad everyone is okay!

Second, don't fret too bad over the Explorer.. I've been stuck with minivans as loaners before! :dunno:

As for what to look for, just have him verify that the frame is still in great condition.. also what you might want to consider.. a DII stock bumper costs almost as much as an aftermarket steel bumper, so if you offroad it all, you may want to look into getting a TReK or Greg Davis rear bumper as a replacement on the insurance companies dime..

Good luck with everything

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
About a month after I got my 1993 I got hit. I replaced the resonator for about 45 bucks. Their insurance company wrote me a check for 1600. Most of the energy went into my class 3 hitch. So no real damage at all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
OUCH :eek: At least everyone was okay... That's the most important part... I'd hate to say it, but cars can be replaced...

On the lighter side..

I'd let the insurance company know that the impact knocked the tread off of your spare :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would replace the rear bumper with a steel bumper.

Just in case you get hit again, you want to be prepared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.