Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread, I'm bummed because my 6 cd changer is on the fritz.

So, maybe it's time for a new in-dash unit. My questions is pretty simple.
What do you have that fits? Is it a great fit or need a little bit of fiddling?

Short of Crutchfield, are there any other online fitamint guides that you've used in the past with success?

Thanks for any help!

Landy II

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it a great fit or need a little bit of fiddling?
The Discovery head unit isn't a standard size, so unless you're willing to do some custom work (or pay to have it done), you're going to end up with a wonky looking aftermarket radio setup (adapter sleeve with small pocket with single DIN aftermarket radio).

If you want to give it a go or pay someone to custom modify your dash, you can try installing a double DIN unit:

Double DIN head unit install in Disco II

If it were me, I'd ditch the CD changer and go for a bluetooth adapter. Grom Audio makes an OK bluetooth adapter setup (I have it, but I'm not super impressed with the audio quality - decent, but not perfect). I think there are a few other aftermarket manufacturers that make bluetooth kits that plug into the CD changer input.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not getting a huge navigation system, only one like this:

Car Selector

Crutchfield says that all that has to be done is knock out the block at the back end of the radio for any of these to fit my 2002 Disco II.

LandyII

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not getting a huge navigation system, only one like this:

Car Selector

Crutchfield says that all that has to be done is knock out the block at the back end of the radio for any of these to fit my 2002 Disco II.

LandyII
They'll all fit, but none of them will have "factory" fit. Here's what a single DIN head unit (the head units you referenced) will look like:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.