Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been considering buying a newer range rover, and during my travels, i came across this interesting little shop.. special vehicle concepts.. i dont think just driving by was an option so i decided to take a picture or two.. this is the only one that i can load really.. i found more pictures at specialvehicles.com

what caught my eye was this range rover parked out front..
i think it looks amazing, and i was considering buying this kit, but i wanted some other opinions..

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
To each his own my friend, however I want my car's to be fast and my Rover's to be rugged. This is an attempt (and I am sure a FINE one at that!) to make a Rover a sports car... I just don't feel it... but that is just ME.. it's YOUR money and you outta buy what YOU like... enjoy!

Serg

· Registered
29 Posts
IMHO, the above pic would look better with spinners than the low profile wheels. Seems all the newer SUVs lack the rugged look everyone thinks of in an SUV. When I think of a Disco, I think of Camel Trophy. The Defender had lines akin to the Series Rovers. But when I see a Freelander, I think Ford Escape. The only good 4Runners came with a removable top, same with the Chevy Blazers and Ford Broncos. Remember when Landcruisers didn't come in a Lexus package?
Now I'm not saying the newer SUV/SAVs lack the ability to get to where the driver wants to go. However, I do doubt the stoutness of the newer vehicles compared to the older ones.

On a positive note, there seems to be a much nicer and wider variety of aftermarket products available for the newer vehicles in addition to integrated safety systems.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Serg said:
To each his own my friend, however I want my car's to be fast and my Rover's to be rugged. This is an attempt (and I am sure a FINE one at that!) to make a Rover a sports car... I just don't feel it... but that is just ME.. it's YOUR money and you outta buy what YOU like... enjoy!

Serg
I agree with you Serg. For what it is, it looks like a top notch job.

· Registered
162 Posts
Looks awesome but..

It is the same concept as people who tries to make Range Rover drive fast.
History or RR and purpose of RR is IMHO, rugged utiliterian vehicle with sophisticated lines and comfort to serve both urban driving and country offroad.
This vehicle has a very nice work done but just does not feel the Range Rover. Almost feel Huge Caddy Escalade with 24"spinner and fluorescent under lighting....

· Registered
674 Posts
The only thing that RR is missing is fluro washer lights, three bladed fluro window washers, spineer tires a lower spring conversion and undervehicle lighting!

Don't get me wrong, each to their own, but what a dumb way to spoil one of the best off road vehicles in the world! I do respect the fact that a market exists for people that want to do that to their Rovers - but for a LR purist it makes me wanna cry! :bawling:

It would turn heads though!

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Besides the exterior dress up, what else has been done to it? If nothing has been touched in the engine bay, it's like wearing a dinner suit without putting under pants on. Personally, I think it looks crappy.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Those who like to dress up the exterior of their wheels, are least likely to do much beneath the hood, but aside from that, what could anyone do beneath the hood of a new RR to improve upon it? It's not like there's a whole bunch of aftermarket things to put on it, and I think the factory got it right the first time, which, in itself, is a first.

· Registered
674 Posts
Those guys at that store generally put the following:

• Superchargers
  • Dual turbo's
  • Better filters (K&N usually)
  • Polish heads
  • Hi Performance exhausts
  • Port injectors
  • Mild Cams
  • etc etc
Then PIMP up the outside so everyone knows! DUH!

· Registered
490 Posts
It can drive over curbs and medians...just push the button and EAS raises it up.
Land Rover made a promo video at the beginning of sales of the new RR in 1970 called "A Car for All Reasons." I guess that would include performance driving. The mission of Range Rover is to provide a vehicle which is as competent as a Mecedes S-Class sedan (or at least the E-Class) on road, while matching the competency of the series Land Rover off-road, all while riding in the comfort of a Jaguar. The Range Rover has a top speed of anywhere from 111-130mph depending upon year, model, and engine, so it is not too slow. Also, note how Land Rover has embraced Overfinch as its tuner arm for Range Rover, which has always made them fast and handle better while not diminishing their off-road potential too much. They used exclusively 5.7-Liter Chevrolet 350 V8's from 1970-2002, with the exception of a few concept or special order vehicles with 305 5.0-Liter Chevy V8's. One concept also used a Jaguar 5.3-Liter V12. The L322 (BMW Range Rover) 2003- Overfinch RR uses a "worked" version of the BMW 4.4 Liter V8, which produces roughly 400 bhp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.