Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi series guys!
I have been a discovery guy for some time now and taking the plunge on a series 1.
I have been trying to do my homework on the subtle differences on 54 to 58 86" and 88" bodies and keep coming across the term "breakfast panel"
Can anyone define what this is referring to?

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin . Was not sure if they were referring to the cowl at the base of the windshield or the rad support / grille panel
I'm sure I will come up with more silly questions about these dinosaurs ��

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
No problem. There are definitely some unfamiliar names for parts we know as another name. Bulkhead - firewall, wing - fender, breakfast - grill, etc. You'll learn before long since you're soon to be an owner from the sound of it!

Colin

· Premium Member
59 Posts
I was always given to understand that the grill could be taken off and placed over a fire and breakfast pots and pans could be placed on it for cooking.

Phil

· Registered
9 Posts
As far as I knew the grill was never called a breakfast. I am guessing that that is someone making up slang. If you look in the front of older Haynes manuals all the normally used names are listed, Hood- Bonnet, Trunk-Boot, Firewall- Bulkhead etc. If you were to use the grill on a bar be que then the galvanising would be destroyed and the thing also would warp. It was an old wives tale that may have come from abuse of series ones in the Africas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.