Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decide to stay home last night and spend time with them kids instead of going out with hteugys at work. Well some ________ (you all can fill in the blank) decided that they wanted my taillight guards that I have on the Land Rover. Now they are bolted into the body panel around the back lights with 3 bolts that go right into the panels. Now I have 3 holes showing where the driverside guard was mounted and 2 cracks in my taillight and a small dent on the same side from the guard being pushed and pulled until it came out. The bottom bolt on the pass. side is also pulled out, but they must of had to leave quick as that one is still on the Land Rover. This all happened right in my own driveway in a town of less than 1,000 people where very few people lock there front doors. I really hope they needed the guards becuase my pit bull is now hanging out in the yard for the next few nights so I hope they try to come back

· Registered
1,506 Posts
That really sucks!!! I think kids are bored nowadays and do stupid things like that...

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Realy sorry about that mate.That DOES SUCK!! I know how ya feel I had someone try to steal my 110 several years ago.They had no F88888G idea about landys and butchered the thing trying to nick it.all they had to do was put the transfercase in gear. Some people are bastards but I would agree with John and say it was probobly some bored kids.It sounds like if you dont get them your dog will!!Good luck and happy hunting.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
People who mess with Rovers should be left on the trail to die. I can't believe that. Messing with a Rover is like messing w/ a Harley. Wish I was there with you when they showed up to give them something to remember you by,,, like branding the LR logo into their forehead. Damn that pisses me off.

· Registered
720 Posts
John C has got it right in my opinion. I was a high school teacher for almost 30 years and saw this type of daft behaviour often. When the kid(s) get caught they nearly always can't explain why they did it. Usually it is youthful bravado that seemed funny at the time (especially if they've had a few beers). Don't forget that these are the same kids who will lay down their lives for their buddies when called on in battle - they just never think of tomorrow. Don't let this stupidity get you too angry - you'll eventually forget about this incident! Sorry, I'm sounding like a preacher.

· Registered
130 Posts
Now the S.O.B.s are probably selling them on Ebay! :complain:

My dad would have said "I hope those rat bastards get cancer of the hands!"

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a pretty good clue as to who did it. The kid a few houses down has been under house arrest 2 times in the past few years. Really sucks becuase he was a great kid until he hit high school and started hanging with the wrong people. Either way my dog is out on the prowl at night for at least the nex week or so. You should see him out there all big and bad looking walking around like he is the king of the neighborhood :)

I am pissed, but what can you do

· Registered
108 Posts
That really sucks, I'm so sorry. It does make you wonder what they were thinking. We just had an a big deal last week in our similarly small town: someone driving around pitching rocks at windshields. The sheriff said we had over 100 cars damaged over the two nights. Luckily my street was spared.

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
That sucks on a couple of different levels. 1) dumb ass kids f ing with your ****, don't know what they are doing and damage your truck beyond stealing the stuff.
2) They probably messed up the parts so bad they can't even use the stuff they stole...a-holes
I know exactly how you feel, my wifes Mini was stripped in my driveway when it was 3 weeks old. I'll post the pics for u.
$9,000 worth of damage.

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Yeah the thing is the guys were PROS......they knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it, and they did it without putting a single scratch in the paint. They did it at night in the rain, right under my bedroom window.
Walked right past my 2003 Disco and didn't even look at it.
My wife is still in therapy :lol: and I now have a chime that sounds when anyone walks down my driveway.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Serg said:
Stripped in your own driveway?! Ouch!! :mad:

Serg
Whadya expect... he lives in Joiseyy!!!! :lol:

Just kidding....

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
lshill05 said:
Yeah the thing is the guys were PROS......they knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it, and they did it without putting a single scratch in the paint. They did it at night in the rain, right under my bedroom window.
Walked right past my 2003 Disco and didn't even look at it.
My wife is still in therapy :lol: and I now have a chime that sounds when anyone walks down my driveway.
Not soundiing funny ISH but you might want to check your local BMW/Mini Garage! The Porsche dealership in Chiswick London had a problem with their Mechanics or someone at the Garage selling the vehicles and with all the info on the Car would go around and get the "spare parts" the needed for other customers they would work for on the side privately. That is probobly not the case here,but you never know?

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW I dont feel as bad now after seeing what they did to the car Ish.

They cannot really use the guard as is when they took it off. The rubber piece is or was still on the back until I removed it myself. Kind of funny looking with just the rubber hanging there with no guard.

I have been looking around, but cannot seem to find a set that loooks like the ones that I had. They have a rubber piece that mounts to the side of the car and then one bolt that goes into the rear body panel. The guard itself is mounted to the rubber piece with 2 bolts that go into the rubber and 1 bolt that mounts right to the body. I can take pics if needed as the pass side is still on, but 1 of the bolts is pulled out and not holding anything in place.

· Registered
709 Posts
That sucks guys! I know how you feel! We've had cars broken into before and they weren't nice about it. Pricks!

lshill05 - you were lucky they were pro's and not like the punk asses that got my wifes stereo... They tore out the entire dash to get a cassette player... If they had a job they could go buy one at Best Buy! It was 5 years old! They broke everything ripping it out... It was in the front of our house at 3AM... The dog saw the whole thing and was barking like crazy, by the time I got dressed and out the door they were driving away... I quickly realized running out to confront him wasn't a smart idea...

apbtpetey - post a pic and maybe we could help ya find one??

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Series3.....Yeah you are right. The cops looking into both the dealer and the Shipping Port prep & repair facility down in Newark, NJ. By typing in vin# they have access to the exact specs of my car and my address. Thats where I think the D-Bags came from. This was the crime of the century in my little town and I thought it was funny that it wasn't even mentioned on the police blotter of the local paper.....ya know what I mean?
A pussy cat was stuck in a tree on Maple St for 2 hours till Officer Dickhead shot him.
A new car was stripped in a driveway today welcome to da bronx!

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
John C said:
Whadya expect... he lives in Joiseyy!!!! :lol:

Just kidding....
Yeah its a really rough area here.....we always have trouble with the "prada gangs" coming over from Saddle River.

· Registered
291 Posts
i am a kid and i hate kids, a few years ago some _holes stole my basketball hoop at nite which was under my window and then after they had it in their pickup (im guessing pickup) they threw rocks until they broke my window so i could see them drive away with it. i feel your pain guys :dunno:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.