Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the back of the house is DONE . The siding is up . and the outside of the house is done except the guters .

Now all work is left for the inside :( .

Also I replaced the ABS sencor and it was a PITA , casue the wheel did not wanted to come off . I mean we put a 2x4 behind it and hit it with a 5lbs sledge hammer and it did not bodge . Well my dad being a tool maker , he made a tool . It looks like retarted crawbar . The rims have this gruves between the lugnuts , so that crawbar gose in the hole between the spokes and rest agains the diskhub area , and pryes on the rim .

Well the bar is 3/4" sqware and it was flexing and bending . But 0.5mm at a time we got that wheel off . ( that was good 1:30 houers job . PISS!!!!!!! ). So when we got the wheel off , the disk hold on my one philips screw and it's all striped that no screwdriver will turn it ASS!!!!!! . Ok so we got that off with out damading the screw , we are smart ;) . Then the rottor did not wanted to come off ****!!!!!!! . This also was so rusted on that big ruber malot , did nothing BALLSSS !!!!!!! . But little heat from the propaine torche on the write spot and little nodge from the back , got it off . Then from this point it was cake .

So I got new sencor there and new pads , and that fucked up back window EAT MY ASS !!!!!!!! .

:lol: tourettes

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Tsiart, I see that every day no big deal for me. Rusted aluminum.

I got an engineers hammer. But for flat tires I borrow one the guys soft mallets that look Thors hammer. Its big, and orange. Doesnt ruin a rim.

Do yourself a favor and buy one and take off all the other wheels and clean them off and apply antiseize so you wont be screwed when you get a flat.

oh and take a drill and buy a wire wheel attachment to clean the hub and inner section of the rim.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
beezel said:
Tsiart, I see that every day no big deal for me. Rusted aluminum.

I got an engineers hammer. But for flat tires I borrow one the guys soft mallets that look Thors hammer. Its big, and orange. Doesnt ruin a rim.

Do yourself a favor and buy one and take off all the other wheels and clean them off and apply antiseize so you wont be screwed when you get a flat.

oh and take a drill and buy a wire wheel attachment to clean the hub and inner section of the rim.

Oh it's taken care off already :) .

I have this old file sharpened that makes a good sraping tool . and since that thing is hard as hell it srapes rust off like butter :) .

And this wheel was so rusted on there that a slede hamer did not wanted to move it . I never seen something like that . I was beating it on the verge of bending the rim , oh and the ruber mallot , didn't do jack. It's a large one with a extended handle , all it did is bounce of the rim :) .

But It's all set , the sencor is replaced all the pads , and I'm good :) . Thanks for the advice .

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
I ll give you a flat tire on a dually diesel truck thats been sitting a while.

you wont complain about rovers after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.