Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· certified idiot
694 Posts
P1173 LAND ROVER Lambda sensor aging bank 2 Drive cycle C:Signal out of range - above maximum / below minimum

check your live data first but it should be Bank 2 sensor 1

Also check your fuel trims - I get between 13mpg and 16mpg consistently (for the last 100K) and average at 14.7
cheers
Barri

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
The L.R. description directly from the V8 engine management pages from RAVE is a bit different but more descriptive IMO

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
check this out Oxygen Sensor Locations , in addition, from RAVE
The HO2 S are colour coded as follows:
l Upstream sensors (both banks) - orange.
l Downstream sensors (both banks) - grey.

· certified idiot
694 Posts
Bank 1 is always the bank that starts with piston #1 (it differs between car makers but the convention is Piston #1 is bank 1)

so bank 2 is the right hand side from the drivers seat or looking from the front is the left hand side - sensor 1 will be the first sensor or the one in front of the cat.
I thought you had bought a live data OBD 11 reader (seem to remember in one of your posts you said you had one) the live data reader will give you short and long term fuel trims - it will also show you the voltage from your O2 sensors so you can see which one is playing up
cheers
Barri

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so it is the front sensor passenger side. Thanks. No I bought a regular $60 OBDII reader generic. Nothing for the Disco. Guess it will not help me with the fuel trim. So I have not heard of anyone getting around 15mpg on these Disco's. Can that be real?

I reset the SES light and it will be interesting to see how many miles it goes before it comes on again.

Also I know where the sensors are; have replaced them before. Hardest part is to get the fool connectors apart. Really tough - especially front driver's side.

· certified idiot
694 Posts
helievacpilot x 2

I'm not talking off road in low range rock crawling here but normal commuting - daily I do 7 miles on 40mph country roads then about 20 on highways and another 5 or 6 in town driving. Average last week was 15.3mpg for 396 total miles. I get that pretty much constant some minor variations dependent on traffic and gas type.
cheers
Barri

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wow. I am not hurting too much with gas about $2 in Atlanta but when it was about $3.75 per gal I cringed every time I would fill it up.

Like this old Disco. Will replace that front right O2 sensor but waiting for the lights to come on again. About 170K on it now and have new head gaskets and greaseable front drive shaft and no three Amigos - so happy.

Love-Hate relationship continues weighted to the first this week.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Helievacpilot - just reread your post. But what is your intown mileage per gallon? I mostly drive in town and get 11mpg. Maybe 15-16 on the road so your road numbers make sense; not too far from mine.

But what about in town?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.