Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Basically, it's worth what someone will pay for it. Seriously. Check NADA and KBB and don't expect a penny more. Don't think for a second that any add-ons will add value, or because it's a LR that it's "special" or "rare". Put it on Craigslist and see what happens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with tyl604 , if I was selling it I would post is for $4800 to $5000 you could possibly go for a little bit higher but if you want to keep firm those prices above would be a no lowball price!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I just got rid of our 2004 Disco II....101,500 miles on it...biggest POS I've ever owned....ABS was acting up, no blower for the ac/heater, tranny slipping, power steering pump needs replaced....and all the other issues with these POS's....I let it go for $1,000 and was happy to do so....

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want a serious answer, I would guess between $4-5K and that might be high. It has a lot more value in use than in exchange.

Search the market for comps.
Value really depends on location…

An '04 with less than 70k would bring $7k-$9k here in Wisconsin.

Here's a good example…

A friend of mine wanted to buy a late model Subaru Impreza. Here in Wisconsin, Subaru cars tend to have higher mileage and are quite worn when they become available for sale and they still go for ungodly amounts of cash.

He flew down to Kentucky and picked up a good condition car for $12k. He drove it back, drove the car for two years and stuck nothing into it. After negotiating a cash deal on a CRV for his wife, he threw the trade into the mix. Actual cash value on the trade? $13k. Not bad for 40,000 miles/two years of use.

How does this happen? Long winters, icy conditions, and probably a healthy helping of "alternative lifestyles" in the Madison area means Subarus bring more money here than they do in Kentucky.

In other words, if you live in a mild climate without much off-road opportunities, your Rover is probably worth less than it would be in an area with colder climates and more off-road areas.

·
jccrew1982
5 Posts
I am in california, where there is a surplus of every car. Picked my 2001 se7 up for 1500 .. It was stock at the time. I love the fact that people just refuse to learn how to work on them, makes it very easy to find deals.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Only stupid folks and enthusiasts pay top dollar for a DII.

The stupid folks just see the flashy LR badge but don't know WTF they are getting themselves into.

The enthusiasts know what they are getting themselves into but don't care. They love them anyway.

Find one or the other if you expect to get much more than $3K.

Yep, I have one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.