Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 99 disco 2. It is Kiversand in color it has A.C.E system SLS, and it is also a seven passenger. It has no side decals like SE7, S, SD or anything to tell what model it is. Can anyone tell me how to find out. My title to the disco doesn't have the model either. It has never been repainted or wrecked. Next question, the last time I was at my local dealer they had a Disco 2 it was orange and black with BFgoodrich decals on it. The grille on it was different than any I have seen. It looked exactly like a stock grille but it was made of mesh type material. Anyone else seen this type of grille?

Thanks

· Registered
521 Posts
scotth:
Congrats!!! You got a very rare and hard to find kinversand colored Discovery.
The serial number should tell you whether if it's an "sd7" or an "se7".There are a few Land rover sites that if you put the serial number it pops up which model do you have.There's a quick technique that's not 100% accurate, but most of the times it is:

1.If you truck has fog lights in the front bumper, and the area surrounding the fog lights is colored as the rest of the truck ,then you have an "se7", if it has an all-black bumper and no fog-lights, then it's an "sd7".

2.In addition of the above, if you have the tow hitch and/or towing package(a rounded ball-like thing by the side of the hitch that you flip-up on its LR logo cover in order to acces the wiring connector), you have an "se7", if not, then it's an "sd7".

Hope this helps,
Carlos

· Registered
70 Posts
the grille you saw on the disco at the dealer (which sounds like a g4 edition) is the saudi safari grille. i have one on order from northeast british parts. i have a d1 but i think you can get them from ne brit for a d2 as well, just expect it to take awhile as rover quit making them and the store is having them made over in the uk. e-mail me ([email protected]) if you can't find northeast british online - i don't have a link right now but if you're having trouble i can find it eventually!

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. By what you are describing Ihave a se7. My bumper is painted the same color as the disco and I have fog lights also. As for the grille I will have to find that web site and and get somemore info on it.
thanks again for the help.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Do you have captain's chairs? (I.E. driver and passenger arm rests) those come with the SE and from what I understand, they are not available in the S or SD package. I have never seen a SE7 without badging, but I have seen many SD7 without side logos.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I do have captain chairs up front. It also has cold weather package (heated seats and windshield.) Wheels and rims are 18's. I don't know what else you could get on one that it does not have. I did think that is was strange that it has no badging as to what model it is. I did a carfax report and it shows no accidents of anykind only scheduled trips to the dealer. Only two owners before me also.

· Registered
521 Posts
scotth said:
Yes I do have captain chairs up front. It also has cold weather package (heated seats and windshield.) Wheels and rims are 18's. I don't know what else you could get on one that it does not have. I did think that is was strange that it has no badging as to what model it is. I did a carfax report and it shows no accidents of anykind only scheduled trips to the dealer. Only two owners before me also.
I don't know why, but at the beginning of Disco ll's production (late '99- early '00), they didn't put the model badges on the side fenders on some of them. I have seen fully equipped '99 se-7's with no badges.I noticed that while hunting for a Disco ll before buying mine.
By the way, mine is a '99 se model.I do have fogs, front painted bumper, cd changer, "chevron" side steps with mudflaps, and tow package, but I don't have captain chairs and I have an alpaca cloth interior.I guess it was a matter of the owner-to-be having more choices on equipment.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VIN is SALTY1247XA213486 when ever I find out what model it is anyone know where to buy the side decal badging at? I have found the decals for the hood and tailgate door but not for the sides.

· Registered
294 Posts
scotth said:
VIN is SALTY1247XA213486 when ever I find out what model it is anyone know where to buy the side decal badging at? I have found the decals for the hood and tailgate door but not for the sides.
YIKES MAN......I THOUGHT FOR SURE THE VIN WOULD TELL ME, I M GOING TO HAVE TO RUN TO THE OTHER SHOP TO SEE IF I CAN FIND IN AN OLDER BROCHURE ABOUT THAT. I M ALMOST POSITIVE THAT ITS AND SE7 ITS GOT EVERTYTHING, PAINTED BUMPERS HEATED EVERTHING, REAR A/C, PREMIUM STEREO, ACE, ALL THE GOODS, I LL KEEP LOOKING INTO IT, THATS ALOMST MY FAVORITE TRUCK LR MAKES, SECOND OR THIRD! LUCKY DUCK!

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
That's gotta be one of the most loaded up SD7's on the planet! Makes youwonder why they did all the upgrades on the SD instead of just ordering the SE..

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no it is a 99 disco 2. The first year that ACE was put on disco's was 99 as far as I know. I am positive it is a disco2 I just didn't know what models it was. Where are you getting your VIN calculations from??

· Registered
321 Posts
from the vin...
SAL= land rover
T= series 2 north american version
Y= Model specification: 49 state emissions, 100in
1= Body type: 5-door, closed (station wagon, hard top)
2= Engine type: 3.9 litre V8 petrol, or 4.0 litre V8 petrol (OBD II)
4= Steering, transmission, GVW: Left-hand drive (LHD), 4-speed automatic, 6000lb
7= ?
x= Model year: 1999
a= Assembly location: Solihull, UK
rest of the digits are the serial numbers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.