Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last month I had to put a new alternator in my 97 Disco, rebuilt power steering pump, new transmition cooling hoses with sensor. Yesterday a boulder hit my windshield which I replaced this past summer. I had the 50.00 glue fix done today. Yesterday i had it inspected and it passed but today the "Check Engine" light is on! So I panic of course, will the engine blow up? Was it because it was plugged in for inspection yesterday? I called LR and they said I could still drive it but if the light flashes then I should not drive it. Well of course I am not bringing it 50 miles down to the LR dealership. Hopefully I can get someone local to tell me what the problem is.

What next? I just had surgery on my greyhound which cost big bucks and all I want is the LR to get me to the vet and back and up and down my mountain road this winter. Without it I am in big doo doo!

UGHGHGHGGHGHGH

· Registered
161 Posts
how many miles? I know the emissions program is set to make the light go on in intervals. Mine went on at 168k. I shut it off myself, by piercing the little emmissions reminder module which is behind the front pass. kick pannel. Easy 10 min process. It had been reset at least once before.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Madeara,
Be careful what you put out into the universe. Bad Rover karma is easy to get.
Go out and pat it on the dash once a day to keep it happy.
Mike J.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I bought it 3 years ago with 63K BUT it had a new engine in it. So now I think (but I can check) it is 80k ish? Please explain in a little more detail to me what button to push?

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disco Mike said:
Madeara,
Be careful what you put out into the universe. Bad Rover karma is easy to get.
Go out and pat it on the dash once a day to keep it happy.
Mike J.

Too funny :lol I really do love his truck, I do take very good care of it and I also pat it on the console often (cross my heart) I am just getting Rover Phobia lately.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just heard from a co-worker that Auto Zone will scan it at no charge, now to find one close to me.

· Registered
161 Posts
It is not so much a button to push, as a place to insert a pin or paper clip. Go to discoweb and do a seacrch for emmisions shut off and you will find a tutoprial with oics. That is assuming that it is just an emissions reminder. Good call on getting the codes pulled.

Good luck.

p.s. I have somehow pissed off the disco spirits too, as I have a horrific screach coming from the rear, BUT, it is intermittent. I changed the driveshaft u joints, but still thgere. I dont have the time to look into it myself right now, and am driving my mustang in December. Never good in Pa. So off to the stealership on the 3rd, unless someone knows of a decent independent in central pa?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.