Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm at it again and I'm real close to doing a deal. I've found a 2003 Discovery SE. It has 22,884 miles on it. It has running boards, rear ladder and rear light guards. It is very clean and runs great. It is Gray with a black interior (just what I'm looking for). It has the remander of the 4 yr 50,000 mile warrenty and the dealer has added a 2 yr 24,000 mile to that. They are asking $26995 and they told me they would take 1000 off that so it's down to 25,995. What should I pay for it? Or what should this Disco be going for?

Again thanks to everyone for the help on my questions....Mike :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
hmm....it is low mileage, but I fear low mileage in used LRs. It was probably sitting for a long time and some of the stuff might not function; ie. transfer case hi-low might be siezed.

I would probably pay $22k for it.....MAX, but would feel much for comfortable buying the same thing with 35k miles.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
3 months ago I bought an 04 G4 (similar trim level to SE) which had a higher original sticker price than an 04 SE for $26,900 with lower miles than the 03 you are looking at. For that kinda money, get an 04 with CDL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The dealer is being tuff. I know they won't go as low as 22K. As for the miles I wondered that myself. I wish it did have a more on it cause I could get it for less....As for finding a 04. Here in CT they are going for 30 to 32K used. I have never seen a 04 going for lower in these parts......What is a G4 Disco.? I thought I new them all but I haven't heard of that one....

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
908 Posts
thats the Landy used for the G4 Challenge. I assume you are trying to buy it from Land Rover Dealer and i guess they will sell it more compare if you look from private seller and non-dealer. i bought my '02 DII SE for 25k (almost 26K) out of the door with 45K miles. and before that the dealer offered me an '03 HSE7 with 22K miles with roof rack and ladder for 32K. but hey, its california.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Maybe you should call Main Line Land Rover in PA or maybe even N.J. or something. In DC, 03's are cheap... 04's under 30K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.