Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all looking to upgrade my susp. heard alot of good things about emu but its a little pricey ffor my 98 disco any suggestions? :dunno:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Emu

I have the EMU, it was already on a 99 disco 1 I purchased, so I don't know how much it cost, but I really like it. Good ride, not to spongy. lots of suspension travel. See what is said about other suspensions, it may be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
674 Posts
A little lesson:

Monroe - they are good shocks, but they make CAR shocks primarily, they are made to make a 4x4 handle more like a car on the road
Bilstein - they are better shocks, but they make CAR shocks primarily, they make some specific for 4x4 capability enhamcement, but once again are to make a 4x4 handle better on the road
Old Man Emu - they are made specifically for 4x4's, made specifically to enhance off road capabilities, and are made to withstand the Aussie Outback - the toughest 4x4 terrain in the world. THEY DO NOT MAKE CAR SHOCKS!

You decide what is best for your application.
FYI - I bought my RRC and it had the coil spring conversion completed on it with Bilsteins. They are just fine for me. If I find I am going to do more Off Road than 10-12 times per year I WILL upgrade the shocks & springs to OME.

As an afterthought - remember your bushings too!
:beer:

·
Registered
139 Posts
emu, overpriced.

I have all kinds of EMU action on my rover and what a waste of money.

Go to summitracing and get some ranchos and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Go to this web site and read up on OME's, he has lots of good information and they are good. Don't forget, you get what you pay for and on a heavy Rover cheap doesn;t cut it.
https://www.expeditionexchange.com/ome/
Mike J.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all of the info and the web site you have all been very helpful if i can help anyone out in any way i used to b a rover tech ( i didnt deal with a lot of aftermarket equipt. ) so please dont hesitate to ask and i will help in any way possible :drink1:

·
Registered
18 Posts
99 Disco I with EMU suspension

I can also say that this vehicle is the best handling vehicle I have ever had on gravel or dirt roads. It goes across wash boarding smooth and straight, that in other vehicles have rattled my teeth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts