Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I simply ask what is the most miles any of you have driven in a discovery? without putting a new engine or tansmition? with? Was it mostly offroad or on-the-road, or a good mixture of the two? Has anyone hit the 400,000 mi mark?

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Not a Discovery but a 1974 SIII 88" (does this count?)

335 000 Miles then the enjin blew.

Before I owned it it belonged to a Forestary company, I bought it with 329 000 Miles. I dare to say that those 329 000 miles was perhaps the hardest that any Landy will have.

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Yes, starting over easter weekend last year and finishing about 6 weekends later. (only working weekends and after hours)

Took the enjin out & stripped it. Had the Block, head and crank done by professionals. then put all back togeter again, with new pistons, bearings, oil, water & fuel pumps, gaskets, the worx. Installed with new enjin mounts and cluch.

Runs like a dream now, can get up to 80 mph (Although I dont do that as my springs are buggerd and my brakes needs some work.)

· Registered
146 Posts
My last Disco had 294000Km on her when I traded her in on a newer model and the engine was still in good nick

Good thing about rover V8's is look after them and they last for eva

Adam :beer:

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
I've got 43K on mine. :D

And yes, it's spent some quality time at the dealer for those pesky leaks that are so common to us Landy owners. Thank god for warranty :cool:

· Registered
1,744 Posts
1991 discovery with 192,000 miles (310,000km). Motor 3.5L runs great after replacing worn cam. Changed motor for 4.6L which also runs great. Replaced LT77 with R380 gearbox. Keeping 3.5L (with Eaton supercharger in storage) for next project = Hot Rod. Probably using Chrysler PT body and chassis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.