Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys thanks for the help on my last post!, So for my disco the previous owner just replaced all the suspension (stock). I am wanting a lift with tires, but figure Ill ride this new suspension for a while so i bought 2 in spacers. I know I know everyone hates them, don't worry its just temporary. Terra-lift is in my disco's near future :) saying that I have 18 in wheels and I am wanting semi-agressive to aggressive tires. (90 percent highway, 10 percent offroad). I am looking at the 275/65/18 by hancock at discount tires. So what do you guys ride with? have any pictures? any words of wisdom?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You should plan on a good 2 to 2.5" lift. With that, you could go up to a 285 but at the size tire you'll loose 2 MPG and a lot of low end torque.
18's are awfully expensive, have you thought about going/trading for a set of 16" wheels for a far better, less expensive tire with a lot more tread to pick from.
Either way, go to Treadwright Tires and check out what they off in a really good 4 wheel drive tire. A lot of people, including my self run them and they are awsume.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Second the Treadwright recommendation, running 245/75r16 Guard Dogs. If you are 90% highway go watchman or maybe that new b2b Claw they are much quieter. Oh and get 16's with steelies, all the aggressive look you want a lot less in the long run!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts