Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best oil weight for my 01 DII with 60K miles? and what brand is best, and should i go synthetic or not? please let me know!!!

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
landrover recommends 5w 30 synthetic blend made by castrol.

thats we we use.

The equivalent to that is also Motorcraft 5w30. it actually is synthetic blend as well. Lasts over seven grand. its proven quality by bg and other guys. You can get it anywhere as well.

Some guys like to use full synthetics. if you do you have to stick with it. Otherwise you get no additional lubricating qualities. Althought it will last longer. but.

if you want to get more life out of the motor change it every five thousand and rotate tires while your at it.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I have used Castrol oils in my cars for years, here in California where we do runs in the high deserts I run 20/50 Castol blend, a partial synthetic, and change it and the K&N 3001 oil filter every 3000 miles.
In some areas you can run a lighter oil if you are not dealing with alot of heat.
Don't forget the rest of your fluids,
brake fluid, diffs, t/case, power steering and transmission.
Mike J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.