Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hav an 04 d2 , and leaking psf from steering box. I wanna know whats the best psf to use and the best alternatives psf. Says texaco in the owners manual , but since they went out of business i dont know what brands to get... Oh and my steering box is leaking on the top middle bolt, where the bleeder screw is.... Is this a broken o-ring ? Also wanted know if i can top my coolant with dexcool by prestone... Which is gm approved :beer: thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Are you leaking or wanting to do a p/s flush?Any brand of p/s fluid is fine, I use Vavoline, synthetic p/s fluid is better?

How many miles on your truck, when was the last major service done? If your coolant is low, find and fix the leak first and when you get an opportunity switch away from Dex Cool to one of the better green fluid and install a new 180 degree soft spring t/stat at the same time.
Have you seen my service list, especially the front drive shaft portion, has it already been rebuilt or replaced?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you leaking or wanting to do a p/s flush?Any brand of p/s fluid is fine, I use Vavoline, synthetic p/s fluid is better?

How many miles on your truck, when was the last major service done? If your coolant is low, find and fix the leak first and when you get an opportunity switch away from Dex Cool to one of the better green fluid and install a new 180 degree soft spring t/stat at the same time.
Have you seen my service list, especially the front drive shaft portion, has it already been rebuilt or replaced?
Im leaking from the steering box. So im gunna top off the psf for now until i get the box rebuilt or replaced. Have about 117k on the truck..... So i can use dexcool by prestone for now, until i get the coolant pressure tested ?its just the pressure tester is expensive. And was thinking of switch to green coolant but mite hav to replace lots of cooling system parts right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.