Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a set of '05 19" factory HSE RR wheels for my '09 RR sport hse which currently sits on the the factory 275/40/20 wheel/tire specs. I'm guessing the offset might be different. between a RR and RR sport but the bolt pattern is the same.

anyone every heard of someone putting Range rover wheels onto their RR sport or vice versa
? any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

H

·
Good Ol' Sport
12 Posts
I have not specifically looked into the swap that you are considering but here's my 2 cents...
Of course there would be no argument putting on wheels & tires that have the exact specifications as the original equipment, but there is a Range (couldn't resist) of sizes that are within 'acceptable tolerances'. When manufacturers offer multiple size options, check to see if other components are changed when the tire/wheel package changes. Sometimes a Sport (x2), performance, or off-road package involves changing other item(s) in the suspension set up.
The basic question, "Will it fit?" considers caliper clearance as well as wheel travel inside the fenders for driving and turning... The overall diameter (and therefore circumference) will determine if your speedometer and odometer will be off. So +1 and +2 will require moving to lower profile tires and the opposite if going with smaller diameter wheels. Different diameters give way to larger 'errors' the faster the vehicle is going.
I have found a web site (some time ago) that allows you to enter your vehicle data to virtually 'see' if what you'd like to do will fit/work. I have also called on the fine folks at TireRack to provide the same information.
Conclusion: The further away from original specs, the more you can expect to see with concerns or issues regarding the swap. The more drastic changes may lead to faster wear and tear to different components. After fitment, check weight difference, tire pressure, alignment, generally anything related to suspension. Besides the visual, you may feel a difference with heavier/lighter wheels and tires that have different traction properties. Overall, a few mm change in offset is acceptable for most vehicles and applications. :drive:

·
Returning Rover
123 Posts
Keep in mind if you do any off road driving, the selection of 19 inch tires are slim with really nothing considered all terrain.:mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.