Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a search but unable to find anything, sorry. But what are the options for wheel nuts on my Disco? Can they be swapped out for an alternative? I am not worried about the visual appearance. I am just finding it hard to get a socket on some when changing a tyre
Thanks
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
As I recall there are 1 piece /solid nuts available that will work.
Check Range Rover listings for them(not sure of the year range.

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
there are other “compatible” options, but the only one I’d trust is the ugly one pieces that red truck mentioned.

I’ve replaced a few nuts on my discos, I think they’re a consumable lol

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
The other option is to remove the caps from all nuts , remove the rust and corrosion and paint them.
1” socket should fit well without the caps

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
Do what lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had a search but unable to find anything, sorry. But what are the options for wheel nuts on my Disco? Can they be swapped out for an alternative? I am not worried about the visual appearance. I am just finding it hard to get a socket on some when changing a tyre
Thanks
Dave
I have a set of steel nuts with no stainless cap. email me [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
The other option is to remove the caps from all nuts , remove the rust and corrosion and paint them.
1” socket should fit well without the caps
Redtruck is right. Those cover are a problem waiting to happen. After a couple of times they will distort making it near impossible to get a socket to fit them. If you want them to look pretty, remove all of the covers, degrease them and paint them. "Chrome" paint is readily available at auto support stores

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
Definitely not a bad idea, but I’ve only scrapped two lugnuts out of all the rovers I’ve owned. I’d rather buy a new lugnut every now and then.

I’m pretty sure your paint will be hosed after your first dismount

1 - 11 of 11 Posts