Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a '99 Disco that gives me an intermitent ABS/TC/ Downhill Decent warning light. The first time this happened, I took the truck to the dealer to have them clear the code. They cleared it and said the light was caused by aftermarket brake pads fouling up the wheel sensors. Since then I have replaced the pads. The lights stayed off and everything was honky dory until yesterday, when they came on and went off after a key cycle and a few miles of driving. The lights came on again today, but this time I was in a situation involving mud and a steep incline with the added bonus of a small rivine. Truck and I made it home unscathed, but the pucker factor would have been much less had my TC and ABS been functioning correctly. Any ideas? thanks-Gabe

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I also have a 99 D2 and have only experienced this a couple of times. I know that if a sensor gets out of adjustment this will occur as well as if the sensors get dirty.
It is not a saftey issue even under the worst of driving conditions, and it is a great mental issue .
The good side of it is that the light sometime resets it self which tells me it is probably one of the 2 issues I mention as apposed to being a sensor failure.
Good luck,
Mike J.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,
I just did some cleaning of the underside of my truck, hope that takes care of it. Saw a pic of your truck in another thread, looks great! I remember you saying that your truck was air suspended but would you recommend using spring spacers or replacing the springs to get more lift?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.