Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a Land Rover 90, 1989 2.5TD. I have seen a few with what look like wider wheels than the norm, however believe that they have wheel spacers fitted. Has anyone any advice on these, how they affect the handling and where to buy them from. Also what size is recommended, I think that 30mm is what I want, however advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Before you invest in a set of horribly overpriced pieces of aluminum, check to see if you can find a set of later Defender wheels with additional offset, such as the steel ones used on US D110s. Is you 90 an ex MOD? they had pretty narrow rims.

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
dont buy spacers a waste of (alot of) money,look out for either 110 rims or even wider 130 rims or white 8 spokes always look well and are cheap enough new,for the price of spacers you can furnish your machine with a new set of 8 spokes and decent tyres for the price of spacers
oNz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.