Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently purchased a 1999 Land Rover D2 with only 72K Miles on the clock. Its been sitting on the garage floor for about 3 months now, getting all of the maintenance work up to date and installing a few mods i bought. Now the time has come for me to install new TIRES. I was thinking about Cooper STT , size is 265/75/16 and i was wondering if the tire would fit in with no problems or would i need to extend bumpstops and trim away a bit of the fender. Installing a lift is not an option for me. The vehicle is mainly going to be used for gravel, dirt road with a bit of Dunes. This vehicle is not my DD so i dont really car abou the ride quality. I would like opinions if i should proceed with this size and also recommendations on tires. Sorry for the long message, just really excited !!

Regards,
Aldrin

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
You would likely have to trim a bit to get them to work.

I'm running 265/65/18 and have about a finger thickness of clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aldrin,

I picked up a 2000 Disco 2 and it still has the tires that were previously installed, BFG Goodrich KO 265/75/16. I have no issues turning lock-to-lock, still handles decent (given the size of the rover of course).

Only thing is, the previous owner had, at one point, eliminated the air ride feature converting the Disco to coils. I have not looked into whether or not this would have any effect on the ride height/clearance so it may be one thing to keep in mind.

Overall, the ground clearance is great, does wonders in muddy conditions, but my wife, who primarly drives the Land rover, hates the hop skip jump just to get in. In her defense, she is also pregnant.

Hope it helps,
BustedKnuckl3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts