Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been to this forum for quite a while.

Mike - where are you? Do not see much response from you lately.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Mike has been dealing with life lately.

·
Black Rhino
54 Posts
Disco mike

2nd that

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

Appreciate it,

LandyII

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About five years have passed. Anyone talked to DiscoMike lately?

Wonder how and what he is doing.

Miss his advice.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
About five years have passed. Anyone talked to DiscoMike lately?

Wonder how and what he is doing.

Miss his advice.
Not I. I've called a couple times and left messages but it has been a couple years now since I talked to him last. :(

TOTALLY miss his words of wisdom - or simple bluntness. heh

·
1,818 Posts
I spoke with him briefly last year. He is retired form the forums and his daughter took away his D2. He sounded very tired and had a nurse taking care of him. I said we miss him and think of him and wished him well.
Dave

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Yes, good guy. He would probably like to know that we still think about him.
We should send him something... I'd be down for something via Paypal or what have you. Maybe a Di-Cast Rover or something? Anything to just say we are thinking about him and miss him, but understand?

I'd be down to that because lord knows, I wouldn't be the enthusiast I am on my Rover if it wasn't for him. Guess you could consider it that he cursed me but I'm good. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
That sounds like a great idea.
I would also be interested in doing something to thank him for sharing his years of experience and being a big part of the Landrover community.
Anyone know how to find him?

·
1,818 Posts
I am in. I will call to see where he is.
Dave

·
1,818 Posts
Just spoke with Mike and got his address. He has slowed down a bit. I told him we are thinking of him and gave him our regards and thanks for all his help. He was really happy to hear that.
Dave

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Just spoke with Mike and got his address. He has slowed down a bit. I told him we are thinking of him and gave him our regards and thanks for all his help. He was really happy to hear that.
Dave
Dave - are you going to handle putting this together since you got his address, or do you need someone else to? Do we know the details on his Rover - the one his daughter took, or maybe whatever his favorite was? I looked online and we can get something decent for under $60 and that would include all the S&H.

I'm glad he was happy to hear we were thinking about him.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here's his signature line description of his truck. For some reason I'm remembering it was white but I'm not sure.

99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with a Detroit and T.T. lockers, H.D. axles, 4:11 gears, Custom front and rear bumpers, sliders, Warn winch, and 5 HID's.

masantschi, what did you find online as a memento? Can you share a link, please?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts